The following are a revision of the goals established through the 2010 Waldoboro Visioning:
1. Residents have renewed confidence in Town government. All segments of the community are provided opportunities to be involved in local decisions.
2. Town government develops better ways to provide good quality but cost efficient services that meet the needs of the entire community.
3. The Medomak continues to be both the economic and cultural heart of the community. Water quality is maintained and improved while the river’s role as a recreational resource is enhanced.
4. Opportunities to make a living in Waldoboro increase although some/many of these opportunities may be in new and different economic activities that build on the region’s strengths.
5. Waldoboro continues to be a good place for families with an improved school system, recreational facilities, and entertainment.
6. The outlying parts of Waldoboro continue to be active, working rural areas that provide land owners with the ability to afford to maintain their land.
7. The Route One corridor becomes a more vibrant and attractive commercial area that welcomes people and encourages them to patronize local businesses.
8. The Village evolves into a viable, inviting heart of the community with distinctive, specialty shops and restaurants creating an attractive destination that people want to visit.